从银行开始你的职业生涯, investment or business with a 金融 degree — whether you dream of working on Wall Street or with a local company that invests in low-income women entrepreneurs.
Explore your options — classes, internships, research and study abroad. 找到你感兴趣的, 发现你的所爱, and create a major experience that jumpstarts your future using the 金融专业指南.
You’ll learn everything from corporate finance and investments to global markets. Analyze financial decisions through a social justice lens and explore their wider impact. Study with professors who have years of industry experience and connections and will walk you through case studies taken straight from the financial news.
Then, use what you’ve learned to make an impact at your internship. 金融 majors make huge contributions at their internship sites — assisting with data mining and mapping, 分析财务数据, 将复杂的金融概念付诸实践. You’ll put your skills to work at an organization like Merrill Lynch, BBVA指南针, 追逐, 或恩智浦半导体——仅举几例. 研究生 ready to hit the ground running as a financial analyst, 个人理财顾问, insurance underwriter or other professional in a field that will only continue to grow.
金融 majors go on to a variety of careers and graduate schools from St. 爱德华的. 这里有一个例子.
- Venture associate at Newchip, the leading investment marketplace for startups and private equity
- JUST 社区 LLC的用户体验研究员
In a world with increasing TV streaming options and infinite distraction smartphones, 公司如何吸引潜在客户的注意力? 读到 Jeff Miner ' 11我主修金融, who solves this question every day at Google’s Unskippable Labs.
金融专业的学生在当地获得相关的工作经验, national and even international organizations during their time at St. 爱德华的, 许多人担任校园和社区领袖, obtaining the skills they need to advance in their careers post-graduation.
学生组织, 比如FMA, offer 金融 students the opportunity to connect with local professionals. 除了主持演讲系列和其他活动, FMA赞助了FMA国家荣誉协会, the only international honor that specifically recognizes the achievement of 金融 majors and demonstrates their expertise in areas such as financial economics and decision-making.
服务是圣公会的核心. 爱德华大学社区和S.E.R.V.E. program exemplifies how dedicated students, faculty and staff are committed to making a difference. 金融 major Amanda Rodriguez ’19 gained experience as one of five student coordinators who help plan monthly S.E.R.V.E. 1 Day events, which can include gardening, painting and other one-time tasks.
通识教育要求: All majors require 44 hours of general education that students complete over the course of four years, 除了他们的专业课程.
- 中级财务管理 – Study corporate finance theories and examine how they apply to corporate decisions in the areas of capital structure, 营运资本, 公司结构, 兼并和收购等等.
- 投资原理与分析 – Analyze investment vehicles and consider investment decisions in the context of risk-return analysis. 讨论证券市场运作和投资组合管理.
- 金融机构及市场 – Develop an understanding of money and capital markets; the flow of funds in the economy; the role of credit; the term structure of interest rates; risk management; regulation and deregulation; and financial crises.
金融 students are encouraged to set a goal of obtaining a professional certification after graduation. Such certifications can further establish their credibility and expertise in an area of specialty. 这些包括:
- 特许金融分析师(CFA) – This credential has become the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world.
- 投资表现评估证书(CIPM) – This certificate program is for those who want to develop advanced, globally relevant and practice-based investment performance and risk evaluation skills.
Many 金融 graduates pursue advanced degrees in related business disciplines, such as a 工商管理硕士(MBA).
金融 students make huge contributions at their respective internship sites. They assist with data mining and mapping, analyze financial data and develop predictive metrics. 他们将复杂的金融概念付诸实践, 比如现代投资组合理论, 投资组合发展和投资者行为. These experiences prepare them for both the job search and graduate school. Our students have interned at BBVA指南针, Merrill Lynch, 追逐, JPMorgan 追逐 & Co., Kestra Financial, Tech Ranch and NXP Semiconductors, to name a few.
Our distinguished faculty members are scholar-practitioners with years of industry experience in their areas of expertise. They are actively engaged in their fields, and many have close ties with Austin-area businesses. This helps expose students to real-world business situations and connects them to valuable opportunities for learning and growth.
"My two main objectives are to teach students skills they need to be successful in their personal and professional lives, 教他们如何批判性和分析性地思考."
– 卡梅利娅Rotaru, Chair, Department of 会计, 经济学, and 金融, Professor of 金融